Dr. Jayasree Shivadasan
Consultant, Clinical Microbiology and Serology
+91 998 015 8004
Dr. Jayasree Shivadasan is with Apollo Hospital as a Consultant & Head of Department of Microbiology. She is also the infection control Officer. She has vast experience in the field of Microbiology.
- Dr. Jayashree is an expert in the laboratory diagnosis of Tuberculosis, HIV, Dengue, Multidrug Resistant Organisms, Extending Spectrum Beta Lactamase Organisms, Hepatitis, Rabies, Japanese Encephalitis, SSPE.
- She is also the infection control officer and is responsible for planning, developing, directing, implementing and evaluating infection prevention and control activities.
- She has worked as an Assistant Professor in the department of Microbiology and has taught both Undergraduate and Post graduate students.
- Infectious and immune mediated diseases.
- Laboratory Diagnosis of tuberculosis, HIV, Dengue, Hepatitis, Multidrug Resistant Organisms, Extended spectrum Beta Lactamase Organisms, Auto immune diseases like Rheumatoid arthritis & SLE.
- Comparison of Conventional Nested PCR with Real Time PCR for detection of Herpes Simplex DNA from Clinical samples.
- Prevalence of MRSA in a tertiary care centre.
- Nosocomial pathogens in ICU & their antibiotic sensitivity pattern.
- Electroencephalographic and imaging profile in a sub acute sclerosingpanencephalitis (SSPE) cohort: a correlative study ( Paper published in International Journal).
- Speciation & Antifungal Susceptibility pattern of Candida Isolates.