MBBS, MS (Gen. Surg), MCh (CTVS).
Consultant - Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery
+91 80 2630 4050
- Worked as Associate Professor in Cardiothoracic Surgery (2010 to 2014)
Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences & Research, Bangalore.
- Specialist Registrar in Cardiothoracic Surgery August 2008 to March 2010
London Chest Hospital, BARTS And The London NHST, London, UK. London Chest Hospital is a 150 year old hospital, a tertiary center of care for cardiac diseases and a DAMI center.
- Lecturer in CVTS December 2005 to March 2008
Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and General Hospital (SION HOSPITAL), Sion, Mumbai, India.
- Adult Cardiac Surgery
- Minimally Invasive cardiac Surgery
- R Chikkatur, D Kulkarni, A. G. Tendolkar, “A case of constrictive pericarditis secondary to large cell lymphoma”. Indian Journal Of Thorac & Cardiovasc Surg 2005, 21: 42-44
- Arul Dominic Furtado, Raghavendra Chikkatur, Syed Murfad Peer and Seetharama P.S. Bhat, “ A technique for repair of atrioventricular canal defect in dextrocardia “ Eur J Cardiothorac Surg (2012) Online Feb 9, 2012
- Syed Murfad Peer, Seetharama P.S. Bhat*, Arul Dominic Furtado and Raghavendra Chikkatur, “ Right ventricular outflow tract aneurysm with thrombus”, Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 0(2012) 1-3
- Arul Dominic Furtado, Seetharama P.S. Bhat*, Syed Murfad Peer and Raghavendra Chikkatur, “Infected pseudoaneurysm involving a drug-eluting stent” Interact CardioVasc Thorac Surg 2011;12:636-638.
- UE Jadhav, R Chikkatur, P Mishra et al, ”Emergency conversion in planned off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting: outcome of semi-elective and delayed conversions” Indian Journal Of Thorac & Cardiovasc Surg 2007, 23: 184-87
- UE Jadhav, R Chikkatur, AG Tendolkar et al “Coronary endartrectomy on beating heart: Our experience”. Indian Journal Of Thorac & Cardiovasc Surg 2006, 22: 116-120
- P. Kumar, R Chikkatur, AG Tendolkar et al, “TTK Chitra tilting disc valve: hemodynamic evaluation”, Indian Journal Of Thorac & Cardiovasc Surg 2004, 20: 117-121.
- P. Kumar, R Chikkatur, AG Tendolkar et al, “Preoperative international normalized ratio (INR) & bleeding during open-heart procedure”, Indian Journal Of Thorac & Cardiovasc Surg 2004, 20: 132-134.
- Pawan Kumar, Raghavendra Chikkatur, Anil G Tendolkar et al, “ Femoral Artery Injury Secondary to Total Hip Artroplasty” Bombay Hospital Journal Vol. 46, No 4, 2004: 450-452
- Pawan Kumar, C Raghavendra, AG Tendolkar et al. “Use of pulse oximeter in determining distal perfusion in neonates & infants with suspected vascular compromise”. Indian Journal Of Thorac & Cardiovasc Surg 2003, 19: 155- 156
Awards & Achivements:
- Secured 2 GOLD MEDALS in MS (General Surgery).
- Recipient of National Merit Scholarship throughout M.B.B.S.
- Life-member of Indian Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeons Association
- Member of Indian Medical Association ( in process)