Dr. Venkatesh A N
MBBS, MCEM ( UK), FEM ( RCGP-UK), PGCGM (XLRI), CCEBDM
Senior Consultant and Head of Department, Emergency Medicine
+91 998 014 1066
Dr. Venkatesh has over 13 years of experience in Emergency Medicine. He has worked with different institutions of Apollo group in his career.
- He has expertise in all areas of emergency medicine with all the emergency procedures and critical care medicine. He is in charge of the Emergency department, Pre-hospital care services, Air Ambulance services, Hospital Disaster Management plan at Apollo hospitals, Bangalore.
- He is a Coordinator for DEM (diploma in Emergency Medicine), DFM (Diploma in Family Medicine)courses at Apollo Hospitals Bangalore in collaboration with RCGP-UK since 2007.
- He is a Regional Coordinator for MCEM (Membership of College of Emergency Medicine - UK). He is also Coordinator for FICM (Fellowship in Intensive care medicine conducted by Medvarsity).
- He is now actively involved in the training of Basic Life Support(BLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support(ACLS), Trauma Management and Disaster Management.
- He is heading and managing the emergency department for several years. He regularly organizes community medical camps and conducts awareness programs on Pre- hospital emergency care and community training on handling medical emergencies.
- Prior to joining Apollo Hospitals Bangalore, Dr Venkatesh was working with the Emergency Department at Apollo Health City at Hyderabad.
- He is the chief faculty and coordinator in First Aid training for Students, Corporate staff & Public. He regularly conducts awareness programs on emergency services, ambulance services and importance of golden hour to the public.
- Apart from his professional activities at his department, he is also actively involved in Quality circle initiatives like Healthcare six sigma and 5-S application in healthcare. He is part of the JCI team which regularly trains the hospital staff in quality.
- Emergency Procedures.
- Emergency medicine training.
- Point of care ultrasound.
- Trauma Management.
- Cardiovascular Emergencies.
- Pre hospital Care management.
- Leadership Development & Administration in ER.
- Airway management.
- Pediatric sedation and management.
- Presented a paper on In-Hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation in INTEM conference held in Hyderabad in 2002.
- Presented a Poster on reduction of blood stream. S.aureus / Methicillin resistant S.aureua infection with regular antiseptic body wash in EMCON 2008 in Salem.
- Presented a paper on Toxicology-Anticonvulsant Over dosage in Apr 05, St. John’s Medical College Hospital, India.
- Done a thesis and a Retrospective study on 414 patients on IN-Hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation out comes for 2 years using Utstein template at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad in 2002.
- Done a prospective descriptive analysis of Emergency room endotracheal intubations done in Emergency room at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad for 10 months, the same has been published in Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine in 2006.
- He has been awarded the Karnataka Seva Rathna Award from K.R.Narayanan Foundation Trust at Bangalore in 2009.
Memberships and Associations
Life member for Society of Emergency Medicine in India (SEMI) since 2002.
- EMCON 1999 – 1st Emergency Medicine conference of Emergency Physicians held at Hyderabad.
- EMCON 2000 – 2nd Emergency Medicine conference of Emergency Physicians held at Bangalore.
- INTEM – 2002 International Emergency medicine conference in Emergency Medicine held in Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India.
- EMERGE INDIA (International Conference on Emergency Medicine & Disaster Management) on 13th Feb’ 2004, Hyderabad, India.
- 3rd Annual Review Lectures in Pulmonary Medicine on 11th April’ 2004, Hyderabad, India.
- EMCON-2007 9th annual international conference of emergency physicians held at Chennai, India.
- EMCON 2008 – 10th international conference of the society of emergency medicine in INDIA at Salem.
- STROKE UPDATE (International seminar in collaboration with John Hopkins Medicine International, USA) on 10th & 11th March’ 2007, Hyderabad, India.
- Seminar on ’Medico legal issues in Emergency medicine and Clinical Practice’ conducted by Department Of Forensic Medicine, St John’s Medical college Hospital on 8th & 9th Nov 2008.
- EMCON- November 2008 10th annual international conference of emergency physicians held at Salem, India.
- Attended a Workshop on Advanced Airway Management in Conference on the Multidisciplinary Approach to a Patient care at St. Johns Hospital, India in 2001.
- Attended BLS & ACLS (AHA) training at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad ,India in July 2002.
- Attended a Workshop on BTLS (Basic Trauma Life support) conducted by University of Minnesota at St. Johns hospital in January 2003.
- Attended a Workshop on BLS & ACLS Instructor programme conducted by AHA at Hyderabad, India in 2003.
- Attended a Workshop on Basic Surgical Skill conducted by Plastic Surgery Foundation & Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India in February 2004.
- Attended NDPCH (National Disaster Preparedness course for Hospitals) conducted by Academy of Traumatology & British Council at Hyderabad, India in November 2005.
- Attended a workshop on Emergency Ultrasound conducted by Apollo Health City, Hyderabad, India in November 2006.
- Attended a workshop on PALS conducted by SRMC, Chennai, India in March 2008.
- Attended a workshop on FCCS (Fundamental Critical Care Support) by Society of Critical Care Medicine, USA in January 2010.