Dr. Anupama Gangavati
MBBS, MD (Internal Medicine) and MD (Geriatric Medicine) (USA)( ABIM)
Consultant - Geriatric Medicine
+91 810 578 2195
Dr. Anupama Gangavati completed her Post graduate education in Internal Medicine (MD) from NEOUCOM affiliated hospitals, Ohio, USA and Fellowship in Geriatric Medicine (MD) from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC), Harvard Medical School (HMS), Boston, USA. She is ABIM certified in both Internal and Geriatric Medicine. Before joining our group she was working at Beth Israel Medical Center in the geriatrics department and faculty at Harvard Medical School for 6 years.
Dr. Anupama Gangavati was a resident and chief medical resident in Internal medicine at NEOUCOM affiliated hospitals, Canton, Ohio. She was a clinical and a research fellow in BIDMC, HMS. She then joined the faculty as instructor in Medicine in the Geriatrics department at BIDMC, HMS.
- Geriatric Medicine
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Dementia, Delirium
- Preventative health care for senior citizens.
- Stabilization of GFR in advanced Chronic Kidney Disease: A two –year follow-up of cohort of Chronic Kidney Disease patients Stages 4 and 5 Andres Serrano, MD, Jie Huang, ScD, Cybelle Ghossein, MD, Laura Nishi, PA-C, Anupama Gangavati, MD, Vijayachitra Madhan, MD, Paramesh Ramadugu,MD, Shubada N Ahya, MD, James Paperello, MD, Neenoo Khosla, MD, William Schlueter, MD, and Daniel Batlle, MD. Advances in Chronic Kidney Disease, Vol 14, No 1 (January),2007:pp 105-112
- Prevalence and Characteristics of Traumatic Intracranial Hemorrhage in Elderly Fallers Presenting to the Emergency Department without Focal Findings. -Anupama Gangavati, MD, Dan K Kiely MPH, MA ; Lara K Kulchycki, MD, Richard E Wolfe, MD, J Lawrence Mottley MD, Sean P Kelly MD MPH, Larry A Nathanson MD, Alan P Abrams MD MPH, Lewis A Lipsitz MD J Am Geriatr Soc. 2009 Aug;57(8):1470-4. Epub 2009 Jun 3
- Establishing Standards of Quality for Elderly Patients Undergoing Pancreatic ResectionWande B. Pratt, MD, MPH; Anupama Gangavati, MD; Kathryn Agarwal, MD; Robert Schreiber, MD; Lewis A. Lipsitz, MD; Mark P. Callery, MD; Charles M. Vollmer, Jr, MD. Arch Surg. 2009 Oct;144(10):950-6.
- Uncontrolled Hypertension, orthostatic hypotension and the risk of falls in a community-dwelling elderly population: the MOBLIZE Boston study (MBS)- A. Gangavati, MD; Ihab Hajjar, MD, MPH; Lien Quach, MPH, MS; Rich Jones, ScD; Dan K Kiely, MPH, MA; Peggy Gagnon, R.N.; Lewis A Lipsitz, MD J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011 Mar;59(3):383-9
Awards and Honors:
|Year||Name of Award|
||Geriatric Academic Career Award (Grant: K01HP20504)
||Hartford Geriatric Fellowship Award
||Harvard/Hartford Foundation Research Fellowship Award
||Williams L. Hoppes, MD, Outstanding First-Year Resident Award NEOUCOM affiliated Hospitals, Canton, Ohio
|02/04, 02/05, 02/06
||Canton Medical Education Foundation Scholarship NEOUCOM affiliated Hospitals, Canton, Ohio
||Excellence in teaching award, NEOUCOM, Ohio
||Clinical Vignette Abstract-Oral presentation, ACP National